Followers

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Queen Latifah in Lifetime's (TV for Women & Gay Men ) NEW Steel Magnolias


More importantly, Alfre Woodard seems like she is going to kick some major butt as Olympia Dukakis as Ouiser (pronounced avec le southern dialect as Weezah). LOLs! (From: wetpaint.com & Lifetime TV)

Alfre, Alfre, Alfre.  I LOVE YOU!  (From: indiewire.com)
When I had heard that an all-Black cast was being compiled for a Lifetime remake of this ultra-cherished film, I heard gay gasps from as far as England...it's true.  They were measured at a 7.5 on the richter scale.  It was VERY dramatic.  I digress, there were many questionable head tilts.  However....

Seeing this preview trailer got me super excited.  I am still questioning QL's ability to carry this film.  She's sometimes right on the edge of "performing" rather than "just being" in her acting.  We'll just have to see what she does with the MULTIPLE monologues that she has to deliver in her BEST Sally Field impersonation-stylings.

I can tell you this much...at the end of the film, I'm still going to be asking, "WHERE THE HELL WAS DOLLY?"  Ms. Parton if you're nasty.  Just sayin'.  See you at Lifetime!

No comments:

Post a Comment