Followers

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Daryl Hannah For President! She rocks...I love her!

(From: treehugger.com)
Many of you know Daryl Hannah from her many, many films.  She's most famous, perhaps, for her eye-patched, psycho, hitwoman Elle Driver/California Mountain Snake in Kill Bill.  I LOVE her performance, with Sandra Oh, in Dancing at the Blue Iguana.  Check both films out if you haven't seen them.  Blue Iguana will steal your heart...Daryl's character is really touching.

Lately, driving her car fueled by used vegetable oil, Daryl has emerged as an important voice for environmental activism.  She truly is a woman to be dealt with.  She has no qualms about standing up for people whose voices are not being heard by corporate America...even if it means she has to go to jail.  Daryl's been in the news many times in hand cuffs.  Hey, if I would get up off my lazy ass maybe I could get arrested for a good cause as well.  Alas...I think I'm too lazy.  Pretty much, I'm being an activist (as much as possible) through this blog.  An activist for hot men, fun celebrity cat fights, LGBT rights, and upholding every American's right to bit** a little bit here and there.

Just in the past few days, Daryl has hit the headlines again.  She came to the defense of a great-grandmother whose land was being taken by an oil company building a pipeline over her property.  She had tried to fight the company, but was obviously losing the battle.  Daryl rushed in to bring some attention to the woman's plight.  And, boy did she!  Good work, Daryl!

Standing up for what's right...American citizens' land taken every day by big-time corporations  (From: ENews)

Visit Daryl's interesting pro-environment website HERE! (DHLoveLife.com)  Lots of good tips and news related to environmental activism!  I love to hear when actors take their celebrity status and use it for the betterment of society -  in a nation that serves the ideology of must-have-it-right-now-and-not-concerned-with-any-negative-effects.  Complete and utter consumerism with blinders on.

Let's all take moment to consider what WE can do, individually, to make a difference in someone else's life.  I'm not saying stand yourself in front of dangerous machinery in protest!  But, send an email, make a call, flip off a Republican...DO SOMETHING!  LOLS.  You know what I mean.

Stepping off the soapbox until I need to talk about Daryl's next good cause!
(From: climatebabes.com) She is so friggin' cute!  I wanna make a documentary with her...about something!

No comments:

Post a Comment