Followers

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Today, I'm Listening to...Le Sport "Tell No One About Tonight"

Le Sport - From YouTube


This song is Tell No One About Tonight from their release Euro Deluxe Dance Party (their original EP was released under the name Eurosport).  As far as I know (and I just googled to be sure), the band no longer makes music together, but I HEART this entire album.

Le Sport hailed from Sweden, and leads me to believe that all good things come from Sweden.  Girl with the Dragon Tatoo, Alexander Skarsgard, Alcazar, Noomi Rapace, Lena Olin, and (of course) Fredrik and Orjan.

It was pretty popular, upon it's release.  Particularly interesting is that the songwriter/lead singer feels no need to hide the fact that he's gay.  The songs are from his viewpoint, and they don't shy away from telling it like it is.  Point and match...the song Your Brother is my Only Hope.  And, it seems that he is. Mine as well.  LOLs.

When I have daughters, one of them will be named Noomi.  Why?  Just 'cause. :)

This video is simple, yet really cute.  The eyes have it here as well.  The shots of his amazeballs gaze, and wandering looks make me want to watch it over and over again.  The beats of the entire album remind me of late 80's/early 90's pop due to all the synthesizing.  Not that it's a bad thing.  It really works (past tense is more appropriate now SAD FACE) for Le Sport.  Maybe they'll reunite and make some more music that I can bop around my place to...I NEED inspiration to clean!

You can listen to more of their songs here:

Fredrik & Orjan made beautiful music together... (From: last.fm)

No comments:

Post a Comment